Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales
So there is a new bunch of Dynamics 365 certification out and it is, therefore, time either take the opportunity to learn or to prove that you know, the latest Dynamics 365 stuff. As always old certification will be deprecated and new will take their place …so… ready, set, go.
In this blog post, I will share my secret prep guide of passing certification MB-210: Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales.
Newbie to Dynamics 365 Sales certification?
If you are new to Microsoft Dynamics 365 certification exams I recommend you to go through the official Microsoft course content for this certification as it would give you a decent foundation to have a chance to pass. When taking the exam use these Strategies to read Certification Questions.
Official MB-210 Certification Self-Paced training (OpenEdX)
But certification is not passed with just reading the theory but you need to actually get into the system, use it and understand the process and data relationships from the perspective of a sales user as some certification questions are quite “where to click incorrect order” questions. For this, I recommend spinning up a free 30 days Dynamics 365 trial to have a Dynamics 365 to mess up going through some of the things found in the below user training.
User training Working with Dynamics 365 for Sales (Microsoft Learn)
The Shorter prep fore us with Dynamics 365 practical experience
Having passed Dynamics certification the last 10+ years I found the most effective step to prep is always to list and look into the specific Skills measured and find relevant information for those topics only to keep my prep as lean, clean, and quick. I focus on reading up on the added and changed skills measured and only skim the skills measured that have not changed since last time.
Relevant information on Skills Measured
First I look through the official Microsoft documentation that is getting better and better at Docs.Microsoft.Com.
Second I find information in the trusted Neil Parkhurst always good blogpost on Dynamics certification prep.
Lastly, I look at the new Microsoft Learn portal.
I have done all the “hard work” and below you find the relevant links for prep on MB-210 in a lean, clean and quick fashion.
Note when reading Docs.Microsoft.com documentation take special care of reading and remembering the purple “Note” and baby blue “Important” section as information here have a high likelihood of being in the certification questions.
Skills measured in MB-210
Perform configuration (40-45%)
Configure sales settings
- Docs: Setup Relevance Search Remember to add new columns to Quick Find View
- Docs: Administrator and Sales Manager Guide
Configure sales territories
- Neil’s blog: Sales Territories
- Docs: Add or remove territory members
Configure default revenue type
Configure auto number settings
- Docs: Change auto-numbering prefixes for contracts, cases, articles, quotes, orders, invoices, campaigns, categories, and knowledge articles
- Neil’s blog: Auto number settings
Configure business closures
- Neil’s blog: Business Closures
- Docs: Set when your business is closed
Configure fiscal year
- Neil’s blog: Fiscal Periods
- Docs: Work with fiscal year settings
- Neil’s blog: Currencies
- Docs: Manage transactions with multiple currencies
Configure sales team roles
- Docs: Manage security, users, and teams – Assign of sales territories
Configure sales security roles
Configure goal management components
- Neil’s blog: Goals
- Learn: Apply goal management to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement
Create and manage sales collateral
- Docs: Use Word templates to create documents – Remember to enable Developer Word ribbon
- Neil’s blog: Sales Collateral
- Docs: Manage transactions with multiple currencies
- Docs: Create or edit an order
- Docs: Create or edit an invoice
Configure relationship cards
Configure record creation rules
Configure out of the box sales business process flows
Configure sales content pack for Power BI
- It is posible to mix and match Virtuel Entity with custom visuals in PowerBI in a Standart Dynamics 365 dashboards
- Docs: Intro to organizational content packs in Power BI
- Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365
Configure sales dashboards
- Docs: Configure interactive dashboards how to set filters
- Neil’s blog: Sales Dashboards
- Docs: Create or edit dashboards
Design and create sales charts
- Neil’s blog: Sales Charts
- Docs: Create or edit a chart
Execute and analyze sales reports
- Neil’s blog: Sales Reports
- Docs: Overview of reports
- Docs: Run a report
- Learn: Analyze Dynamics 365 sales data
Configure integration with external sales applications
- Versium predict implement custom views
- Learn: Manage relationships with social selling in Dynamics 365 for Sales
Implement Sales Insights
Implement social selling assistant
- Docs: Install the Social Selling Assistant – Prerequisites
- Docs: Personalize the Social Selling Assistant
Implement LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Docs: Add Sales Navigator controls to forms
- Docs: Sync leads from LinkedIn
- Docs: Install the LinkedIn Lead Gen solution
- Docs: Edit lead matching strategy
- Docs: Connect with LinkedIn
- Docs: Review and analyze leads
- Docs: Integrate LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Docs: Install the LinkedIn Sales Navigator solution
- Docs: View Sales Navigator controls on forms
Manage core sales entities (20-25%)
Create and manage leads
- Status reasons on leads
- Neil’s blog: Manage Leads
- Learn: Manage leads with Dynamics 365 for Sales
Create and manage opportunities
Manage sales entities (35-40%)
- Learn: Process sales orders with Dynamics 365 for Sales Convert opportunity to a Quote
Create and manage quotes
- Status reasons on Quotes – Draft
- Learn: Quotes and quote management
Create and manage sales order processing
- status reasons on Order– Fulfilled, Cancel,Submitted,Active,Invoiced
- Docs: Add product quote order invoice
- Learn: Orders and invoices
Create and manage product and product catalog
- Ways to add Product/product bundles to Opportunity
- Add producs to Opportunity from 2 different price lists
- What is the behavior of opptunities using expired price lists
- Docs: Define related products to increase chances of sales
- Docs: Create Unit group
- Neil’s blog: Product Relationships / Suggestions
- Neil’s blog: Product Bundles product group/bundle of product group/bundle is called Kit’s
- Neil’s blog: Price Lists
- Neil’s blog: Families and Properties
- Neil’s blog: Product Hierarchy
- Neil’s blog: Discount Lists
- Learn: Manage and organize your product catalog with Dynamics 365 for Sales
Source of inspiration
Neil Parkhurst for always good blogpost on Dynamics certification prep.
Henry Jammes for blogpost on official certification training info.
My self Jens Kofod for bringing it all together with relevant links.
7 thoughts on “Exam prep guide MB-210: Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales”
Great post. Helped me study and pass the MB-210 Dynamics 365 for Sales exam!
Glad to hear that… Let me know if anything else could be added to help other people pass
Excellent post. Good set of resources
Thanks.. within a week or so ill post one similar for MB-230 customer service exam
Excellent post! I have been trawling the internet for days for training guides etc and this has given me a great place to start! Thank you.